I have a super quick and easy recipe to share today! It has quite possibly become one of my new favourite foods and it can be as healthy, or unhealthy as you wish!
Obviously, as part of my Lifestyle Change, I’m trying to change the way I see food and stick to a some what healthy diet. I’m vegetarian, so you’d think it would be super easy, but I am having to find food that everyone will enjoy as well.
Having seen these on the old TV adverts, I thought I should give it a go and it just turned out wayyyy better than I expected.
You Will Need:
- Puff Pastry (I use LIDL pre rolled)
- Tomato Purée/Pesto/Tomato Pasta Sauce (We’ve tried all three, it all depends on your mood)
- Spring Onion
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mozzarella (LIDL – 40 odd pence for a ball!)
- Dried Mixed Herbs (optional)
- Basil to finish
- Set oven temperature to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll your pastry out on a big baking tray you can check here. If it’s frozen, you can defrost it in the microwave but do keep an eye on it!
- Spread your base sauce over the pastry, leaving a 1cm gap between the sauce and the edge of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the onions, tomatoes and pepper evenly.
- Cover with spinach and evenly place sliced Mozzarella on top. Sprinkle with dried herbs if using.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fresh Basil on top and serve!
It’s really simple and can be adapted in so many ways.
Another great vegetarian variation is Roasted Vegetables and Goats Cheese.
Don’t want vegetarian? No problem! How about Churizo, Red Pepper and Mushroom?
There are so many ways to mix and match this 20 minute meal, so have fun!
What’s your favourite quick yet healthy meal to knock up?