Father’s Day is fast approaching, so in preparation for the big day, I’ve been busy looking into all the exciting gifts and father’s day cards on the market that the kids might want to give to their Daddy. So as normal, I’ve been perusing all the usual stores, but I’ve got to say, this year Boomf has really piqued my interest.
With that being said, I thought this would be a great opportunity to share with you some of my favourite finds for father’s day 2022, including great value father’s day cards and budget friendly gift ideas.
Cute, Funny Father’s Day Cards
Both my Mister and I have just turned 30, yet despite hitting this milestone age, it appears that neither of us has actually grown up yet. It stands to reason that when it comes to father’s day cards, I always end up going for something a little cheeky or cutsie. I always like to get a little something for the kids, as well as something for him that’s just from me. I took a look at Boomf.com and fell in love with some of their more risque designs, especially the “I’m So Glad We Got Drunk And Had Sex” card – this is the type of card that would really make my hubby giggle, and potentially, reminisce.
There are also lots of cute, sweet father’s day cards listed on Boomf too, so it’ll probably make more sense for me to get both sets of cards from the same website as this will help keep the costs down.
Boomf are, of course, well known for their exploding confetti cards! So I expect that the kids will go down that route when it comes to choosing the right father’s day card for their dad!
Budget Friendly Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Like most families will, we always find that these special days, such as father’s day and mother’s day, fall slap bang in between someone’s birthday! That usually means that we’re fairly skint. In fact, this year we very went away to Cornwall as a special 30th birthday treat, so the gift buying budget is looking quite pitiful at the moment.
Thankfully, there are lots of great budget friendly father’s day gifts available. Father’s day is, of course, all about celebrating what an amazing role model your children’s father is, so we do tend to favour gifts that have had a lot of thought gone into them.
We usually like to give the gifts at the same time as the father’s day card, so normally our budget friendly gifts are quite small and easy to hide in the run-up to the big day. Here are a few of our favourite ideas:
- Personalised Items – socks, mugs, chopping boards…who doesn’t like a personalised gift?
- Small gifts that fit in wallets, such as multitools that are credit card sized. Multitool gifts also come as key rings which are very handy, especially if the father in question likes to do a bit of DIY on the go (or needs a bottle opener!)
- Memorabilia or merchandise that’s associated with a special interest, such as sports or music. Think sound wave prints of their favourite song, or perhaps a scratch off poster of films to watch.
- Chocolate! You simply cannot go wrong with chocolate. It’s budget friendly and easy to create your own DIY hamper that can be stuffed with goodies galore.
- For more ideas, take a look at this blog post about celebrating father’s day with gifts and experiences.
Remember: it’s the thought that counts!
I hope this has given you a few ideas for father’s day! The most important thing to remember is that it’s always the thought that counts. You definitely don’t need to spend a fortune to make someone’s father’s day special, a simple father’s day card and a little extra appreciation is more than enough to make some feel appreciated and loved this father’s day.