Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/sites/l/lukeosaurusandme.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288
I love everything about Spring. I love the flowers, I love the greens everywhere, I love pastel colours, I love all the baby animals and I love being able to venture outside for long walks without trudging through the rain. I also love being able to hang my washing up outside rather than having a kitchen full of clothes dryers!
It also gives us more room to bake in our pokey little flat.
The icing on these shortbread biscuits is seriously amazing!
We use lime and lemon juices to give it a wonderfully refreshing flavour, and of course a drop of green food colouring to give it that spring look.
The lime juice was actually left over juice from a lime we had spare after making our super tasty toddler proof smoothies as well as the juice from half a lemon.
Recipe For Spring Inspired Shortbread Biscuits
- 175g plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 55g caster sugar
- 115g butter
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2
- Grease a baking tray or use parchment paper
- Cream together sugar and butter
- Add flour and salt and stir. You will need to get messy and use your hands, perfect for children.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to the desired thickness
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and then place on your baking tray in the middle shelf of the oven