Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/sites/l/lukeosaurusandme.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288
Every housewife can cope with mud stains on an armchair or on a sofa. The main thing is to know the specifics of upholstery cleaning procedure – what tool to choose and how to protect the upholstery as much as possible from pollution. The choice of upholstery cleaning method depends on the type of stain and the time it appeared. The most difficult thing to deal with old pollution.
General Rules for Stain Removal
Almost everyone has faced with the problem of eliminating pollution not only on clothes, but also on the surfaces of sofas and armchairs. It is often difficult to remove stains on upholstered furniture. How to remove them in order to return the original attractive appearance of the upholstery and not damage the material? The following nuances should be considered:
- Furniture should be vacuumed frequently, changing the carpet brush to another, with which only the upholstery is cleaned.
- It should be careful with water, if too much moisture gets into the fabric, unpleasant stains remain, so rags and sponges need to be squeezed out well.
- It is best to use proven detergents designed specifically for furniture in accordance with the color of its upholstery.
- Before upholstery cleaning, you should always test the selected product in an area that is not visible.
- For fresh and small spots, you can use wet wipes. They do not leave stains.
- You should not postpone cleaning for a long time, because to eliminate obsolete pollution you will have to make a lot of effort and time.
- Drying furniture after a wet procedure is best done naturally.
Even if dirt is not visible on the surface of the upholstered furniture, cleaning is necessary, since all the dirt accumulates deep in the fibers of the material. Regular upholstery cleaning procedures will maintain a long-lasting attractive and fresh upholstery.
Step-by-step Upholstery Cleaning Process
In the matter of how to remove stains from upholstered furniture, the following sequence of actions should be followed:
- Remove dirt before wet cleaning with a vacuum cleaner. Much depends on the choice of the nozzle: it must be soft so as not to damage the material.
- Visible stains are removed using special wet wipes. They are sold in supermarkets or furniture stores. Another way is a microfiber rag dipped in acetic acid. Before processing, it is best to try the product on an inconspicuous area of the upholstery.
- Treat the contaminated area with soapy water. Add a little water to a sponge or piece of cloth so that the furniture is not wet through. Wait until the product has absorbed into the fibers.
- Leave the sofa or chair to dry.
Universal Cleaner for Upholstered Furniture
The best way to remove stains from upholstered furniture is a mixture of warm water and high-quality dishwashing detergent. The components are mixed and whipped until a fluffy foamy composition is obtained. It must be applied to the upholstery until the foam has settled.
Getting Rid of Stains of Fat, Coffee and Chocolate on the Upholstery
In the matter of how to remove a greasy stain from upholstered furniture, the main thing is to act quickly. Contamination from lipstick on an oily basis, coffee with cream, butter or chocolate should not be rubbed. Carefully remove any residue with a paper towel or a napkin. Liquid for washing dishes copes with greasy dirt on the upholstery. With it, you can easily remove greasy stains from upholstered furniture from mayonnaise, meat, fish, cosmetic cream, and many others. etc. The product is applied to the sponge, a little water is added. After each blotting, the stain should be soaked with a dry cloth.
You May Also Like:
- Cleaning Up After Kids and Pets with the Gtech Pro K9
- The Nimble Cleaning Gift Set Review
- 7 Ways To Increase The Value Of Your Home
- The Best Seasonal Home Scents For Autumn And Winter
- How To Decorate Your Front Porch Seasonally
Laundry soap also helps to cope with unpleasant deep stains. The only thing to remember – soap should be chosen without a whitening effect. If beer is spilled on the sofa, then you need to use 1 tbsp vinegar mixed with a liter of water. Clean the sofa, using a sponge, soaked in this solution.If you are afraid to use those methods or if you don’t have enough time for cleaning your upholstered furniture, you can always call Prolux Cleaning and book your next professional upholstery cleaning service!